Vivo has recently unveiled the Vivo V17 Pro. The midrange smartphone could usher in the era of dual pop-up cameras.
The handset debuted in India, but there’s a chance it will come to the Philippines. Vivo’s local arm is leaving subtle hints of its arrival. Either way, this follow up to the Vivo V15 Pro looks to raise the bar for midrange phones.
Now, let’s talk about the V17 Pro, starting with its most intriguing feature, the selfie cameras. There are actually two of them housed on a pop-up mechanism — a 32MP f/2.0 and an 8MP f/2.2. The main selfie cam has Super Night Selfie for low light situations, while the secondary cam has a wide field of view.
In front, the V17 Pro comes with a 6.44-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with a 20:9 aspect ratio, an in-display fingerprint scanner, and, best of all, no notch. The pop-up cameras allow for a seamless display with narrow bezels.
Also Read: Vivo V15, V15 Pro cut prices; Save 2k
At the back, the phone has four cameras. The 48MP f/1.8 main is backed by a Sony IMX582 sensor. There’s a 13MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom and up to 10x digital zoom. You also have an 8MP super macro and a 2MP depth sensor.
The rest of the specs are pretty much vanilla midrange nowadays. It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor with 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, and a fairly large 4,100mAh battery. It also has a microUSB port in 2019.
The Vivo V17 Pro comes with a price tag of INR 29,990. That’s roughly PHP 22,000. Its a direct conversion so it might be a bit higher if or when it gets here.
Vivo V17 Pro specs:
- 6.44-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display (2400 x 1080, 408 ppi), 2.5D Glass
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Processor
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB Storage, MicroSD up to 256GB
- 48MP f/1.8 (Sony IMX582) + 13MP f/2.5 (Zoom) + 8MP f/2.2 (Super Macro) + 2MP (Depth), LED Flash
- 32MP f/2.0 + 8MP f/2.2 Dual Front Cameras, Pop-Up Module, LED Flash
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth 5
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- MicroUSB Port
- Funtouch 9.1, Android 9 Pie
- 4,100 mAh Battery, 18W Dual Engine Fast Charge