Huawei’s top mid-range phone, the Nova 5T, is now receiving the EMUI 10 in the Philippines. The update is based on Android 10 and brings Dark Mode, an updated interface, performance improvements, bug fixes, and some new features.
The update has a file size of around 4.7GB, so be sure to have enough battery left when you start the update process. Also, don’t forget to back-up your stuff, just in case.
I actually received the update sometime December 2019. Some of us may already have it installed. One of the more impressive things about the update is how much performance improved. On AnTuTu Benchmark, my score jumped from 274k to 385k. So, that’s something Nova 5T users can look forward to.
The Nova 5T features four rear cameras with a 48MP main, 16MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensors. It has a 32MP selfie punch hole shooter and 6.26-inch full HD display.
Inside, it has a 2.6GHz octa-core Kirin 980 processor with 6/8GB RAM, and 128GB storage. There’s also a 3,750mAh battery with a 22.5W SuperCharge support which can top up to 50% in just 30 minutes.
For more information, check out our Huawei Nova 5T review.
Huawei Nova 5T specs:
- 6.26-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2340 x 1080, 412ppi), 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- 2.6GHz Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 980 Processor, 7nm
- Mali-G76 720 GPU, Dual NPUs, GPU Turbo 3.0
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128GB Storage
- 48MP f/1.8 + 16MP f/2.2 (Ultra-wide) + 2MP f/2.4 (Macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (Depth) Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP f/2.0 Front Camera, AI Super HDR
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth 5
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side-mounted)
- Face Unlock
- USB Type-C
- EMUI 9.1, Android 9 Pie
- Midsummer Purple, Black, Crush Blue
- 3,750mAh Battery, 22.5W SuperCharge Fast Charge