It looks like the OnePlus 8 Pro comes with an extra feature. Apparently, its cameras can see through some materials such as plastic and clothing.
To be clear, the phone does not work like a creepy nude scanner. Rather, it can display some materials as almost transparent using one of its color filters inside the camera app. Check out the Twitter post below to see what I mean.
According to Android Pit, the reason for this is that OnePlus 8 Pro’s camera sensor is sensitive to infrared light. This causes some things that are opaque to become transparent when seen through the IR wavelength.
They event tested it on a shirt. As you can see on the image below, you can see the piece of paper through it and read text.
No word yet if OnePlus will do something about this. It is, after all, an accidental feature.
OnePlus 8 Pro
The OnePlus 8 Pro features 5G connectivity, a Snapdragon 865 processor, a 120Hz AMOLED display, and Warp Charge 30T fast charging. You can follow this link for more details.
The phone is available in the Philippines at Digital Walker with a price of PHP 45,990 for the 8GB + 128GB, and PHP 48,990 for the 12Gb + 256GB.
OnePlus 8 Pro specs
- Display: 6.78-inch QHD Fluid AMOLED Display, 3168 x 1440, 513 ppi, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+, Adaptive Display, MEMC, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: 2.84GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 865 Processor, 7nm
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 48MP f/1.78 Main (Sony IMX689, OIS, EIS) + 48MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide + 8MP f/2.4 Telephoto (3x Optical Zoom) + 5MP f/2.4 Color Filter Quad Cameras, PDAF, Laser AF + dual-tone LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 16MP f/2.4 Sony IMX471, Punch Hole, EIS
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, OTG, NFC, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- OS: OxygenOS, Android 10
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Sensor, Face Unlock, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos, USB Type-C
- Colors: Onyx Black, Glacian Green, Ultra Marine Blue
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 74.4 x 8.5 mm, 199 g
- Battery: 4,510mAh Battery, 30W Warp Charge 30T, 30W Wireless Charging, 3W Reverse Wireless Charging