The Realme 6 Pro is finally, finally coming to the Philippines. The much-awaited device features a large 90Hz display, a Snapdragon 720G processor, and a 64MP quad camera setup.
We recently got our Lightning Blue review unit. And today we’re doing a quick unboxing, together with some of our first impressions.
Unboxed, first impressions
As always, let’s start from the outside in. The Realme 6 Pro comes in the signature yellow Realme box that we have become since admired. It stands out.
Inside the retail package, you get most things you need for new devices – a 30W VOOC fast charger, a USB A to Type-C cable, a silicone jelly case, the SIM eject tool, the usual documentation, and a pre-installed screen protector.
From the front, the handset itself looks like most newly released Realme phone (save for the dual selfie cams). But once you turn it over, you get that amazing new lightning design.
As named, it has a lightning design that streaks at the center of the Gorilla Glass 5 back that changes shades and thickness depending on how you hold it. It really does look great.
The Realme 6 Pro has a large 6.6-inch IPS display with a full HD resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate that makes animation appear smoother and more buttery.
On the left of the phone is the volume rocker. The power button / fingerprint scanner is on the right. You have the headphone jack, a microphone, the USB Type-C port, and the mono speaker at the bottom.
As mentioned, the phone has a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor. Our review unit has 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. It also has a 4300mAh battery with support for 30 watt fast charging.
Here are some sample photos. At first look, these images are impressive. Take note that we have resized these for the web with quality set at 60.
We ran some benchmark apps to give us a glimpse of the Snapdragon 720G’s performance. Here are scores from AnTuTu, Geekbench, and 3D Mark Sling Shot Extreme.
Well, that’s about it for my initial impressions and review. The Realme 6 Pro is an impressive device with good looks to match.
As for the price and availability, Realme PH will reveal the details on the official launch of the Realme 6 Pro via live stream on May 27, 12 noon on their official Facebook page.
Realme 6 Pro specs
- Display: 6.6-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2400 x 1080, 398ppi), 90Hz Refresh Rate, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: 2.3GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Processor
- GPU: Adreno 618 GPU
- RAM: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 Storage, MicroSD Expansion Slot
- Rear Cameras: 64MP f/1.8 Main + 8MP f/2.3 Ultra-wide + 12MP Telephoto + 2MP Macro Quad Rear Cameras
- Front Cameras: 16MP f/2.0 + 8MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide Dual Selfie Cameras
- Network: 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Others: Fingerprint Scanner (Side), Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- OS: Realme UI, Android 10
- Colors: Lightning Blue, Lightning Orange
- Battery: 4,300mAh Battery, 30W Fast Charging