The Redmi 9 is finally out in Authorized Mi Stores across the Philippines starting today, July 3, 2020. The budget handset is also coming to Xiaomi’s official store on Lazada on July 7.
The phone comes in Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, and Sunset Purple. It will retail for PHP 6,990 for the 3GB + 32GB model, and PHP 7,490 for the 4GB + 64GB model.
Tagged as the first entry-level Redmi smartphone, the Redmi 9 has an impressive specs list for the price.
For starters, the handset has a 6.53-inch Dot Drop display with a full HD resolution, thin bezels, and a dew drop notch for the 8MP selfie camera. It is powered by an efficient MediaTek Helio G80 processor with 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB variants.
You might also like: Xiaomi Mi Store PH: Here’s the latest brochure for July-August
At the back are four rear cameras with a 13MP main, an 8MP ultra-wide, a 5MP macro, and a 2MP depth. It is arranged vertically, placed at the upper middle portion of the back side.
The Redmi 9 also has a large 5,020mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging. Although the charger that comes with it is only a 10W one.
Redmi 9 specs
- Display: 6.53-inch Full HD Dot Drop Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio G80, 12nm
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52 MP2
- RAM: 3GB / 4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB Storage, MicroSD up to 512GB
- Rear Cameras: 13MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide + 5MP Macro + 2MP Depth, Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Others: USB Type-C, Rear-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- OS: MIUI 11, Android 10
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, Sunset Purple
- Battery: 5020mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging