The Samsung Galaxy A12 was announced for the Philippine market sometime late last year. The latest budget model from electronics giant Samsung is finally available in the country with a pocket-friendly price that starts at Php 7,990.
The Galaxy A12 comes with compelling specs for the price. It has a large 6.5-inch HD+ LCD display with a dewdrop notch for a modest 8MP selfie camera.
Inside, the budget phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P35 processor. It comes in two variants, namely, a 4GB + 128GB model and a beefier 6GB + 128GB model. It also comes equipped with a large 5,000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Around the back, you have a 48MP main camera, flanked by a 5MP ultra-wide and a couple of 2MP sensors for depth and macro. Samsung also added a USB-C port and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner into the mix.
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A12 is now available in the Philippines with a retail price of Php 7,990 for the 4GB + 128GB model and Php 9,990 for the 6GB + 128GB model.
Those looking for a more affordable option can check out the Samsung Galaxy A01 Core, which retails for just Php 3,990.
Samsung Galaxy A12 specs
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ LCD Display, 1560 x 720, 264 ppi
- Processor: 2.3GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P35
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB Storage, MicroSD Expansion Slot
- Rear Camera: 48MP Main + 5MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Macro + 2MP Depth, Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C
- OS: Samsung One UI, Android 10
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 15W Fast Charging