It was only a week ago that Qualcomm unveiled the 8nm Snapdragon 480 to make 5G connectivity accessible to more people. Now, the vivo Y31s 5G was just unveiled with the distinction of being the first smartphone to carry the new budget SoC.
On the front, the vivo Y31s 5G has a 6.58-inch full HD LCD display with 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, and a 90.61% screen-to-body ratio.
Around back, you have a dual camera setup with a 13MP main and 2MP depth sensor. While for selfies, there’s a small dew drop notch with an 8MP front shooter.
The phone is powered by the aforementioned Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 chipset with 6GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. It also has a huge 5,000mAh battery with support for 18-watt fast charging.
Rounding out the specs sheet, there’s a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a USB-C port, and Funtouch OS 10.5, based on Android 11.
Price and Availability
The vivo Y31s 5G is available for pre-order in China with a price of CNY 1,698 for the 6GB + 128GB model, which is roughly around ~Php 12,700 or ~USD 265. It will come in three colors — Monot Color, Titanium Empty Gray and Ruby Red.
At this point, we don’t know if its coming to the Philippines yet, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed given the value it presents.
vivo Y31s 5G specs
- Display: 6.58-inch FHD LCD Display, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 1500:1 Contrast
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480, 8nm
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 13MP Main + 2MP Depth, Dual Cameras
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C
- OS: Funtouch OS 10.5, Android 11
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging