The handset was launched in China, which means this variant will come without Google Mobile Services (GMS). Recent reports claim that the global variant will have Google apps and services, to be released sometime Q2 of this year. But we’ll have to wait and see for that one.
As for the Honor V40 5G, the phone comes with a 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ chipset with 8GB RAM and two storage options — 128GB and 256GB.
Up front, it has a 6.72-inch full HD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 300Hz touch sampling rate, and DCI-P3 color gamut. There’s a pill shaped punch hole for a dual selfie camera setup and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The phone has a glass back with a triple camera setup consisting of a 50MP main, an 8MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP macro sensor. Selfie cameras has a 16MP main and a ToF sensor for depth.
The Honor V40 5G has a 4,000 mAh battery with 66W wired fast charging and 50W wireless fast charging. The phone also features Wi-Fi AC, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C port, dual linear motors for in-game vibrations, stereo speakers, and Magic UI 4.0 on top of Android 11.
The Honor V40 5G has a price of CNY 3,599 (around ~Php 26,750 or USD 556) for the 8GB + 128GB, and CNY 3,999 (Php 30,000 or USD 618) for the 8GB + 256GB model. It comes in Magic Night Black, Titanium Silver, and Rose Gold.
Honor V40 5G specs
- Display: 6.72-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, 2676 x 1236, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 300Hz Touch Sampling Rage, DCI-P3 Color Gamut
- Processor: 2.6GHz Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1000+, 7nm
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Main + 8MP Ulta-wide + 2MP Macro, Triple Cameras, Laser AF
- Front Cameras: 16MP + ToF, Dual Selfie Cameras, 4K Video
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AC, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C, Stereo Speakers
- OS: Magic UI 4.0, Android 11
- Battery: 4,200mAh Battery, 66W Wired Fast Charging, 50W Wireless Fast Charging