The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) has placed the National Capital Region (NCR) and four other provinces under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions starting July 23 to July 31, 2021.
Aside from the NCR, Ilocos Norte and Ilocos Sur are also under GCQ with heightened restrictions, while Davao de Oro and Davao del Norte are placed in Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ). The restrictions are effective starting today until the end of July.
The same rules under GCQ with heightened restrictions will apply. But children five years old to 17 years old are not allowed to go outdoors.
GCQ with Heightened Restrictions Guidelines
Under GCQ with heightened restrictions, the following are not allowed:
- Outdoor sports
- Indoor sports and gyms
- Indoor tourist attractions
- Venues for meetings and conferences
- Interzonal travel (Except for accessing essential goods, work, etc.)
While the following are allowed but with conditions:
- Salons, parlors, beauty clinics, etc. (Up to 30% capacity)
- Outdoor tourist attractions (Up to 30% capacity)
- Hotels (Hotels with Certificates of Authority to Operate for Staycations allowed 100% capacity, while other government-accredited hotels allowed 30% capacity)
- Indoor dining, restaurants, etc. (Up to 30% capacity)
- Outdoor dining, restaurants, etc. (Up to 50% capacity)
- Religious activities (10% of capacity allowed but local governments can allow up to 30%)