The National Capital Region (NCR) will once again be placed under ECQ from August 6 to 20. NCR was previously in GCQ with heightened restrictions.
The decision was announced by Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, who noted that it was a “painful but necessary” move amid the threat of the deadly Delta coronavirus variant.
Under ECQ, NCR will be on lockdown during the said date. From today until August 5, the region will be under GCQ with heightened restrictions. Schedule are as follows:
- General Community Quarantine (GCQ) with heightened restrictions – July 30 to August 5
- Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) – August 6 to 20
So what does ECQ entail? For starters, home quarantine will be strictly observed in all households, limiting movement to only accessing essential goods and services, and for work with permits.
Only essential establishments will remain open, including hospitals, groceries, courier and delivery services. Other establishments, such as banks, telecommunications, power and energy, internet services, etc. can remain operational with a skeletal workforce. Dining and religious gatherings are not allowed.
The first case of the more contagious Delta variant in the country was discovered last July 22. As of Thursday, there a total of 216 cases reported. Stay safe everyone.
Quarantine Classifications (August 1 to 31)
- CAR: Baguio City, Apayao
- R2: Santiago Ciity, Quirino, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya
- R4-A: Batangas, Quezon
- R4-B: Puerto Princesa
- R6: Guimaras, Negros Occidental
- R9: Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Norte
- R11: Davao Oriental, Davao del Sur
- R12: Gen. Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, North Cotabato, South Cotabato
- CARAGA: Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Islands
GCQ with heightened restrictions until August 15
- R1: Ilocos Sur
- R2: Cagayan
- R3: Bulacan
- R4-A: Cavite, Rizal, Laguna, Lucena City
- R5: Naga City
- R6: Antique, Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz
- R7: Negros Oriental
- R9: Zamboanga del Sur
- R10: Misamis Oriental
- R11: Davao City, Davao del Norte, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro
- CARAGA: Butuan City
MECQ until August 15
- R1: Ilocos Norte
- R3: Bataan
- R7: Lapu-lapu City, Mandaue City
- Cebu City, Cebu Province
ECQ until August 7
- R6: Iloilo City, Iloilo
- R10: CDO City, Gingoog City
- NCR (August 6 to 20)
- Rest of the Philippines