ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) unveiled the ROG Phone 6 series featuring the ROG Phone 6 and the ROG Phone 6 Pro.
The new ROG Phone 6 series is dubbed “the most powerful ROG Phones ever made” and with good reason. Under the hood, you have the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip, which offers 10 percent more CPU and GPU performance, and up to 30 percent more power efficiency compared to the previous Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. It has up to 18GB LPDDR5 RAM, up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, and a 6000mAh battery with 65W fast charging.
The gaming phone is also equipped with the upgraded GameCool 6 cooling system which features a 360-degree CPU cooling technology, a 30 percent larger vapor chamber, and 85 percent larger graphite sheets, along with a centered-CPU design to increase heat dissipation from the core.
ASUS also brings in the updated AirTrigger 6 ultrasonic sensors which come with full support for various gestures, including new features such as Dual Action, Press and Lift, and Gyroscope Aiming.
At the front, there’s a 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a Samsung E4 panel, 2448 x 1080 resolution, 164Hz refresh rate, and 720Hz touch sampling rate. Its flanked by the GameFX audio system which comes with symmetrical seven-magnet dual speakers that offer a balanced sound.
At the back, the triple camera system is headlined by a 50MP main shooter powered by a Sony IMX766 sensor. There’s also a 12MP front camera for selfies and video calls. Additionally, the ROG Phone 6 Pro has a colored ROG Vision mini-display here as well.
The ROG Phone 6 is available in Phantom Black and Storm White and comes equipped with Aura RGB lighting on the back, up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, and up to 512GB storage.
The ROG Phone 6 Pro, on the other hand, is available in Storm White and features a color ROG Vision mini-display on the back, 18GB LPDDR5 RAM memory, and 512GB storage.
The ROG Phone 6 series will be launching in the Philippines soon. Stay tuned for availability and price details.
ASUS ROG Phone 6 / ROG Phone 6 Pro specs
- Display: 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, Samsung E4 1ms, 2448 x 1080, 165Hz Refresh Rate, 720Hz Touch Sampling Rate, HDR10+
Pro Model with ROG Vision Second Display
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 5G, 3.2GHz Octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 730
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB / 18GB RAM, LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB/ 256GB / 512GB Storage, UFS 3.1
- Rear Cameras: 15MP Main (Sony IMX766), 13MP Ultra-wide, Macro
- Front Camera: 12MP Selfie (Sony IMX663)
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AX Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Sensor, USB-C, Front Stereo Speakers, Dirac Sound, Headphone Jack, Tri-microphone Array, IPX4 Splash Resistance, GameCool 6 Cooling System, AirTrigger 6
- OS: Android 12
- Battery: 6000mAh Battery, 65W HyperCharge Fast Charging