realme unveiled its latest premium flagship smartphone, the realme GT2 Explorer Master. The handset features a unique bespoke design, done in collaboration with fashion designer Jae-Jung, alongside a powerful feature set.
The phone also debuts realme’s new X7 display chip. It was designed together with Pixelworks. It works together with the Adreno 730 GPU to boost graphics performance to provide a smoother gaming performance, while optimizing power consumption.
Under the hood, the GT2 Explorer Master is powered by Qualcomm’s latest flagship chip, the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, paired with up to 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and up to 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
It has a triple camera setup at the back, highlighted by a 50MP main shooter with a Sony IMX766 sensor. The other two cameras are a 50MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro. While a 16MP front camera handles selfies.
The GT2 Explorer Master uses a bespoke design called Travel Trunk, which features a metal frame and a back panel covered in vegan leather. The phone also comes in black and white colorways.
For gamers, there are two vapor chambers for cooling and heat management and pressure shoulder buttons for added versatility in games. It also has a realme GT Mode 3.0 which aids in boosting performance.
It also has 100W wired fast charging, which realme says can top up the phone to 100 percent in just 25 minutes. Other specifications include Android 12, Dolby Atmos stereo speakers, a 360-degree NFC, an in-display fingerprint scanner, dual-band GPS, and an x-axis linear motor for haptics.
realme said the realme GT2 Explorer Master is going to be a China-only release. It is priced at CNY3,499 for the 8GB + 128GB model (~P29,500), CNY3,799 for the 8GB + 256GB model (~P32,000), and CNY3,999 for the 12GB + 256GB (~P33,600).
realme GT2 Explorer Master specs
- Display: 6.7-inch FHD+ OLED Display, 2400 x 1080, 120Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10+
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, 4nm, realme X7 Chip
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB RAM, LPDDR5X
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB Storage, UFS 3.1
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Main (Sony IMX766), 50MP Ultra-wide, 2MP Macro
- Front Camera: 16MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, Dual Vapor Chamber Cooling, Shoulder Triggers
- OS: realme UI 3.0, Android 12
- Battery: 5000mAh Battery, 100W Fast Charging