POCO has made a name for itself with bang-for-buck devices. This time around, they recently unveiled the POCO M4 5G, a new budget phone with a large 90Hz display.
Under the hood, the POCO M4 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 700 chip with 4GB+64GB and 6GB+128GB configurations. In front, it has a 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS display, protected by an unidentified Gorilla Glass. Its refresh rate is dynamic, and changes between 30Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz, depending on what’s on the screen.
As for the cameras, a dual camera setup of a 13MP main and a 2MP ultra-wide takes up the rear, while a 5MP front shooter handles selfies.
Meanwhile, the battery capacity is a large 5000mAh with 18W fast charging.
The POCO M4 5G comes in three colors — POCO Yellow, Power Black, and Cool Blue. It is priced at EUR 219 for the 4GB+64GB model (around ~P12,500), and EUR 249 for the 6GB+128GB model (around ~P14,200). It could come out cheaper if or when it launches in Asia.
POCO M4 5G specs
- Display 6.58-inch FHD+ IPS Display, 2408 x 1080, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate, Gorilla Glass
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 700, 2.4GHz Octa-core
- RAM/Storage: 4GB+64GB / 6GB+128GB, UFS 2.2, Expansion Card Slot
- Rear Cameras: 13MP Main + 2MP Ultra-wide
- Front Camera: 5MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AC Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster
- Others: Side Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock, USB-C, Headphone Jack
- OS: MIUI 13, Android 12
- Battery: 5000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charger