Lenovo announced its new Legion Y70, its first phone with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. Despite the Legion branding, it does away with any gaming aesthetic and instead opted for a sleek design with a strong focus on powerful performance and an enhanced gaming experience.
The Legion Y70 features a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with a 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, and up to 1000 nits of brightness. It has a sleek frame measuring just 7.99mm in thickness.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 with several configurations of 8GB+128GB, 12GB+256GB, and 16GB+512GB. It has a 10-layer cooling technology, composed of several graphite sheets and a large vapor cooling chamber.
In the camera department, there’s a 50MP main with a large 1/1.55” sensor, alongside a 13MP ultra-wide and a 2MP depth. For selfies, there’s a 16MP camera in front.
Battery capacity is set at 5100mAh with a speedy 68W fast charging.
As a Legion phone, its compatible with several gaming accessories, including a case, a cooling fan, and attachable shoulder buttons.
The Lenovo Legion Y70 is coming to China with a starting price CNY 3,299, roughly P27,100. It is available in three colors – Black, White, and Red. The handset won’t likely go global, but things could change. Stay tuned.
Lenovo Legion Y70 specs
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display, 144Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, 1000 nits
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, Adreno 730
- RAM/Storage: 8GB+128GB / 12GB+256GB / 16GB+512GB, LPDDR5, UFS 3.1
- Rear Cameras: 50MP main + 13MP ultra-wide + 2MP depth
- Front Camera: 16MP
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Others: Side fingerprint scanner, USB-C, stereo speakers, 10 layer cooling technology
- OS: ZUI 14, Android 12
- Battery: 5100mAh, 68W fast charging