Honor launches the Honor 70 5G to the global market. The smartphone is a powerful mid-range device that features a large 120Hz OLED display, a 54MP camera with a Sony IMX800 sensor, and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus.
The OLED display measures 6.67-inches, boasting a 120Hz refresh rate, a 20:09 aspect ratio, and a DCI-P3 wide color gamut. It comes in two configurations — 8GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB.
The phone is the first to come with 54MP a Sony IMX800 sensor for its main camera. It sits alongside a 50MP ultra-wide and 2MP depth secondary cameras. Meanwhile, a 32MP front shooter takes care of selfie duties.
It runs on Magic UI 6.1 on top of Android 12. It’s also equipped with a 4500mAh battery with support for 66W SuperCharge.
As for the price, the Honor 70 5G has an SRP of MYR 1,999 for the 8GB+256GB model in Malaysia, which works out to around ~Php 25,000+.
Is the Honor 70 5G coming to the Philippines?
So , the big question — is the Honor 70 5G coming to the Philippines? Maybe. With Honor’s re-entry to the country, its highly likely that the brand will consider bringing this one, seeing as its new and recently introduced globally, such as in Malaysia and the UK.
Honor does have budget offerings, and they’ll surely bring those in as well. But the Honor 70 5G looks like a safe bet, considering its price and specs.
Honor 70 5G specs
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080, 120Hz refresh rate, 20:09 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G Plus
- RAM/Storage: 8GB+128GB / 8GB+256GB
- Rear Cameras: 54MP main (Sony IMX800) + 50MP ultra-wide + 2MP depth
- Front Camera: 32MP
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE, dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Others: USB-C, In-display fingerprint sensor,
- OS: Magic UI 6.1, Android 12
- Colors: Crystal Silver, Icelandic Frost, Midnight Black, Emerald Green
- Battery: 4800mAh, 66W SuperCharge