You can now claim your Western Union remittance from 200 different countries on the Maya app. All you need to do is just ask the sender to cash in the funds to your Maya app via Western Union.
Apart from making receiving remittances straight from your smartphone, Maya also lets you manage all your finances in just one app, including cashless payments, paying your bills, shopping for groceries, growing your savings with a 6% interest rate, and even buying crypto.
“Together with Western Union, we simplify the movement of money from our OFWs to the recipient across the country, and enable them to do more with their money through our relevant services,” said Pepe Torres, Chief Marketing Officer for Maya Philippines.
How to claim Wester Union remittances to your Maya app
- Open your Maya app and tap “Cash In”.
- Under “Our Partners”, scroll down, find, and go to Western Union.
- Enter the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) from the sender’s Western Union transaction receipt and tap “Continue”.
- Verify the details and then tap “Receive” to confirm the transaction.
- You will receive an in-app and SMS notification of the successful transaction.
That’s it! You have claimed your Wester Union remittance to your Maya app.
On top of taking advantage of Maya’s all-in-one features, you can also enjoy exclusive perks when you pay with Maya. Whether you’re dining out or shopping, you can get 100% cashback or crypto-back, max of Php 500 when you pay with Maya QR, card, or mobile number until October 31, 2022.
The Maya app is free for download on the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Huawei AppGallery.