vivo will soon launch the vivo Y22s in the Philippines this October. It will join the brand’s Y series, which already includes the vivo Y35, vivo Y16, and vivo Y02s.
While we wait for the official launch date, let’s take a look at what the vivo Y22s has to offer.
The vivo Y22s features a 6.55-inch HD+ LCD display with 1612 x 720 resolution, a 90Hz refresh rate, and a waterdrop notch housing an 8MP selfie camera. At the back, there’s a dual camera setup, highlighted by a 50MP primary shooter alongside a 2MP secondary camera.
Under the hood, the phone has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 chipset with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage with a microSD card expansion slot. It’s a 6nm chip for mid-range phones that prioritizes battery efficiency with sufficient power for a decent gaming experience.
It also has a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, a side fingerprint scanner, and Funtouch OS 12.
See also: vivo V25 5G: Night Portrait Master with color-changing design, powerful cameras
Philippine pricing is expectedly still under wraps. It launched in Vietnam for VND 5,990,000 (which is around ~Php 14,500), so expect local SRP to be close. Stay tuned for more details.
vivo Y22s specs
- Display: 6.55-inch HD+ LCD display, 1612 x 720, 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 680
- RAM/Storage: 8GB+128GB, Expandable MicroSD Slot
- Rear Cameras: 50MP main + 2MP
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Network: 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Others: USB-C, side fingerprint scanner
- OS: Funtouch OS 12, Android 12
- Colors: Starlit Blue, Summer Cyan
- Battery: 5000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charge