OnePlus finally rolled out the stable Android 14 update for its flagship phone, the OnePlus 11. The update brings several new features and improvements to the device, as well as some bug fixes and security patches.
The update is based on the latest OxygenOS 14 version, which is optimized for the OnePlus 11. It includes the following changes:
- Pantanal Service: This feature adds Fluid Cloud, a way of interaction with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance. For example, you can see the battery level, network status, and time of your connected devices on your account page. You can also check the connection status of devices on your account at a glance.
- Smart efficiency: This feature adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices. For example, you can easily share files from your gallery to your email or social media apps. It also adds Content Extraction, a feature that can recognize and extract text and images from the screen with one tap. For example, you can copy or share any text or image from any app without leaving it. It also adds Smart Cutout, a feature that can separate multiple subjects in a photo from the background for copying or sharing. For example, you can isolate a person or an object in a group photo and send it to your friends.
- Cross-device connectivity: This feature improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations. You can now customize your home screen with widgets from different categories, such as weather, news, sports, music, and more.
- Security and privacy: This feature improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps. You can now control which apps have access to your photos and videos on your device.
- Performance optimization: This feature improves system stability, the launch speed of apps, and the smoothness of animations. You can now enjoy a faster and smoother user experience on your OnePlus 11.
- Aquamorphic Design: This feature upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle, and clearer color style for a more comfortable color experience. It also adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds. You can now enjoy a more aesthetic and harmonious sound design on your OnePlus 11.
- User Care: This feature adds a carbon tracking AOD that visualizes the carbon emissions you avoid by walking instead of driving. You can now see how much impact you have on the environment by choosing eco-friendly modes.
To install the update on your OnePlus 11, the company advises having a battery level above 30%, and a minimum available storage space of 5GB. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System updates > Check for updates.
The OnePlus 11 is one of the first smartphones to receive the stable Android 14 update. The company plans to roll out the update to other devices in its portfolio in due course.
In the Philippines, the OnePlus 11 is available in two variants: 8GB+128GB priced at ₱45,990 and 16GB+256GB for ₱49,990.
The flagship features a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset with an LTPO3 Fluid AMOLED panel that supports up to 2K resolution and up to 120Hz refresh rate. The camera department is impressive as well, with a triple rear camera setup that includes a Hasselblad-branded main sensor with OIS and PDAF.
Stay tuned for more news from OnePlus.