Owners of iPhone 4S and iPad 2 devices has something to be thankful for. The hacking community has finally come up with a working jailbreak tool called Absinthe A5. The new jailbreak tool is now available for download for those who want to free their iPhone 4S and iPad 2 from Apple’s grasp. What’s good about this new exploit is that it is an untethered jailbreak. For the uninitiated, untethered jailbreak means that your Apple device can be rebooted without having to connect it to a computer. For tethered jailbreaks, you will have to connect your Apple device to a computer every time you need to reboot, like when your battery becomes empty, but for untethered jailbreak, users only need to hook the device to the computer once.
The Absinthe A5 tool specifically targets Apple’s A5 processor, so it is very useful for owners of iPhone 4S and iPad 2 owners who have been waiting for untethered jailbreak for their devices.
Absinthe A5 is a collaboration effort from different hacking teams, a sign that Apple is making it harder and harder for the hacking community to jailbreak its products. Absinthe A5 is said to be a joint effort between the iPhone Dev Team, the Chronic Dev team and an iOS hacker that goes by the name pod2g. The user community has also contributed to the newest jailbreak, contributing 10 million crash reports in less than a week.
How to Download and Install Absinthe A5 Jailbreak
1. The Absinthe A5 jailbreak is available on Mac, Windows and Linux platforms.
2. Absinthe A5 works only on these iOS versions:
iPhone 4S – iOS 5.0 and iOS 5.0.1
iPad 2 – iOS 5.0.1
3. If you have the correct iOS version, download the Jailbreak file from greenp0ison.com or from here.
4. Open up the program you download and click the “Jailbreak” button on the interface. Just wait for your device to install Absinthe A5.
5. After the jailbreak is completed, you will see the Cydia icon on your home screen. That’s it. Your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 device is now jailbroken.
Note: If you encounter “Error establishing a database connection” on a Mac install, the workaround is to go to Settings and enable VPN under Network.
Here’s a video tutorial for installing Absinthe A5 jailbreak.