The iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (Retina display) have been available in other countries for quite some time now. The new tablets will be officially available in the Philippines starting December 19 so for those of you who want to get Apple’s new iPads, you don’t have to wait that long. As to pricing, online stores started out really expensive but slowly normalized as days went by.
Now, we finally got the official Philippine pricing for the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2. Here the price details of the available models.
iPad mini 2 (Retina display) Prices
- Retina iPad mini WiFi 16GB – Php20,490
- Retina iPad mini WiFi 32GB – Php25,490
- Retina iPad mini WiFi 64GB – Php30,490
- Retina iPad mini WiFi 128GB – Php35,490
- Retina iPad mini WiFi+LTE 16GB – Php26,990
- Retina iPad mini WiFi+LTE 32GB – Php31,990
- Retina iPad mini WiFi+LTE 64GB – Php36,990
- Retina iPad mini WiFi+LTE 128GB – Php41,990
iPad Air Prices
- iPad Air WiFi 16GB – Php25,490
- iPad Air WiFi 32GB – Php30,490
- iPad Air WiFi 64GB – Php35,490
- iPad Air WiFi 128GB – Php40,490
- iPad Air WiFi+LTE 16GB – Php31,990
- iPad Air WiFi+LTE 32GB – Php36,990
- iPad Air WiFi+LTE 64GB – Php41,990
- iPad Air WiFi+LTE 128GB – Php46,990
You will notice that the pricing is much higher than previous models. Every variant of the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 is more expensive by Php5,000 compared to the previous models. Personally, I don’t think the increase in price is merited, but at least you’ll get faster processors (for both iPad Air and iPad Mini 2) or better display (for iPad Mini 2). Both the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 run on iOS 7, the latest (and arguably the best) from Apple so far.
If you are eyeing the iPad mini 2 but you don’t really need the Retina display, you might be better off getting the older iPad mini. The iPad Air is however a different story. It’s simply the best tablet so far and way better than the older iPads.