The camera-centric ASUS ZenFone Zoom and the long lasting ZenFone Max are finally available in Philippines stores.
The ZenFone Zoom features a Hoya 3x optical zoom lens, OIC and a new Panasonic sensor. The lens uses a 10-element lens arrangement using a periscope design, allowing the shooter to zoom in close without sacrificing image detail.
The camera-centric phone also feature the familiar design language found on the ZenFone 2, but adds some new elements as well. The smartphone uses an aluminum frame, making it stronger and at the same time more elegant. The use of burnished leather to accentuate the back panel also adds a touch of elegance to the device.
You can check out my take on the ZenFone Zoom here (https://www.technobaboy.com/?p=26542).
ASUS Zenfone Zoom (ZX551ML) specs:
- 5.5 inch Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080; 403 ppi) with Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.3 GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom Z3590 CPU
- PowerVR 6430 GPU
- 4GB RAM / 64GB or 128GB storage +microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP PixelMaster main camera (Panasonic SmartFSI sensor) with 3x optical zoom, laser autofocus, OIS, dual LED flash
- 5MP PixelMaster front camera
- 4G, 3G, 2G
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.0 +EDR, NFC
- 3000 mAh non-removable battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ASUS ZenUI
- Colors: Black, White
- Price: PHP26,995
The ZenFone Max’s main feature is its huge 5000 mAh battery. During testing (which I will post soon), the smartphone lasts more than 3 days with mixed medium to heavy use. I have LTE turned on all the time, I played games (NBA Jam, I like the old games hahaha), GPS turned on, watched YouTube, played music, took a lot of photos and then some. And surprisingly, it kept on going.
The rest of the smartphone’s specs are mid-range and focused on conserving power, but still performs very well. More on this when I post my full review.
ASUS ZenFone Max key specs:
- 5.5 inch HD IPS display (1280 x 720; 267 ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 1.2GHz quad-core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Adreno 306
- 2GB RAM / 16GB storage +microSD card up to 128GB
- 13MP PixelMaster main camera with f/2.0, laser autofocus, and dual-tone LED flash
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 and 85 degrees wide angle
- Dual micro SIM, dual standby
- LTE capable, WCDMA
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS,A-GPS
- Dimensions: 77.5 x 156 x 5.2 – 10.55 mm; 202 g
- 5000 mAh non-removable battery; can charge other devices (!)
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI 2.0
- Color: Osmium Black (leather-like finish); Pure White (eggshell finish)
So, which one would you get? Both devices are great and offer something specific. If you are into mobile photography, then obviously its the Zoom for you. If you like a workhorse, then the Max is it. Personally, I like the ZenFone Zoom, but the ZenFone Max has been a great little device that keeps on going.
ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML) and ZenFone Max (ZC550KL) are now available in all authorized re-sellers nationwide for PHP 26,995.00 and PHP 8,495.00 respectively. For stores list availability, you may visit ASUS Philippines facebook page (www.facebook.com/asusph)