The Samsung Galaxy S9+ managed to get 99 points from DxOMark, giving the flagship the highest score among mobile phone cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ DxOMark
At the time of writing, the Galaxy S9+ is the king of smartphone cameras, managing 99 points from image quality testing site DxOMark. The phone is currently at the head of the mobile phone camera pack, besting the Google Pixel 2 (second with 98 points), the Apple iPhone X (tied at third with 97 points), the Huawei Mate 10 Pro (tied at third with 97 points), and the iPhone 8 Plus (fifth with 94 points).
To quote DxOMark:
The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is a smartphone without any real weaknesses in the camera department. In both still and video modes, it performs well across the board, delivering consistently good photo and video image quality in all light and shooting situations, thus earning itself our highest DxOMark Mobile score to date. Add one of the best smartphone zooms and a capable bokeh simulation mode to the mix, and the Galaxy S9 Plus is difficult to ignore for any photo-minded smartphone user. With the Galaxy S9 Plus, Samsung is setting the pace for 2018. We’ll see if the competition can follow suit.
Its not surprising to see the Galaxy S9+ at the top of mobile phone cameras. During our short time with the device at launch day, we saw what the phone was capable of. This was verified when DxOMark crowned it king. Samsung often shines in this area with past flagships almost always making it on the top ten. Moving forward, it will be interesting to see how long they can stay up there, and what competition can come up with in the coming months ahead.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Pre-order
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ is now available for pre-order in the Philippines until March 6, 2018. It will be available starting March 16, 2018 with a suggested retail price of Php52,990 for the 64GB, Php55,990 for the 128GB variant, and Php60,990 for the 256GB variant.
Those who pre-order will get an exclusive gift of their choice — AKG S30 Bluetooth Speaker, a Wireless Charger Convertible, or a Samsung voucher worth Php3,500 (which may be used on any Samsung Mobile product in the same store on the same day of purchase).
To pre-order, please visit samsung.com/ph/s9preorder or visit the nearest Samsung Experience Store, and select Abenson’s or SM Appliance stores nationwide.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ specs:
- 6.2-inch WQHD+ 18.5:9 Super AMOLED display (2960 x 1440, 531ppi) 83.2% STB
- Gorilla Glass 5, Front and Back
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9810, 4 x 2.9GHz Custom CPU + 4 x 1.9GHz ARM Cortex A55
- Mali G72-MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 Internal Storage
- Dual Hybrid Nano-SIM card with microSD card
- 4G LTE Cat. 18 6CA 1.2Gbps
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Iris Scanner, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS with aGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP f/1.5-f/2.4, Super Speed Dual Pixel, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, Telephoto + 12MP f/2.4 Dual Pixel,
- OIS, Wide-Angle
- Dual-Tone, Dual-LED Flash
- [email protected] Video Recording, Super Slow-mo 960fps @ 720p
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.7
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- Dual AKG Speakers, Dolby ATMOS
- Android 8.0, Samsung Experience 9
- Bixby Vision 2.0
- USB Type-C
- 3,500 mAh Battery, Fast Charge, Wireless Charging
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5mm; 189 grams
- Colors: Midnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.