The Xiaomi Mi 9 is now official. This is Xiaomi’s first triple camera smartphone and features a glass back panel.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 fronts a 6.39-inch full HD+ Super AMOLED display with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and an 85.2% screen-to-body ratio. It has dew drop notch with 20MP selfie camera, and an in-display fingerprint scanner underneath the screen.
Inside, the Mi 9 has a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with an Adreno 640, 6/8GB RAM, and 64/128GB storage. There’s no SD card slot, though. The phone runs on MIUI 10 on top of Android Pie.
Battery is set at 3,300mAh. It’s disappointingly small, but it does have a 27W wired fast charging and a 20W wireless fast charging.
For the rear cameras, the Mi 9 boasts a triple camera setup of 48MP + 16MP + 12MP. The main camera uses a Sony IMX586 sensor with a Quad Bayer filter. The secondary camera has an ultrawide view. The lenses are protected by sapphire glass.
The Mi 9 has a Gorilla Glass 5 back panel and an aluminum frame. It’s built to be tough, but unfortunately, there’s no water resistance.
Other specs of note are what you’d expect from Xiaomi flagships. These include NFC connectivity, an IR blaster, and dual band GPS.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 comes in Piano Black, Lavender Violet, and Ocean Blue. The 6GB + 128GB model is priced at CNY 2,999, which is roughly PHP 23,400 or USD 450. The 8GB + 128GB, on the other hand, is priced at CNY 3,299 or around PHP 25,700 or USD 490.
The Mi 9 also comes in a special transparent edition. The transparency is a bit of a trick. You see decals instead of real innards. It comes with 12GB + 256GB and priced at CNY 3,999, which is PHP 31,100 or USD 600.
The handset will launch globally on February 24, 2019. There’s no news yet if it will come to the Philippines, but we’ll keep you posted.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specs:
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display (2340 x 1080, 403ppi), Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 85.2% Screen-to-Body Ratio
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM + Storage: 6/8GB + 64/128GB
- Rear Cameras: Triple 48MP f/1.8 + 16MP f/2.2 (Ultrawide) + 12MP f/2.2 (Telephoto), Laser/PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- Front Camera: 20MP Front Camera, f/2.0
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 80211ac, Dual band
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BDS, QZSS, Dual Band
- Others: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock USB Type-C, NFC, IR Blaster, Gorilla Glass 5 (Back Glass Panel)
- OS: MIUI 10, Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 157.5 x 74.7 x 7.6 mm, 173 g
- Colors: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
- Battery: 3,300mAh Battery, Fast Wired and Wireless Charging