The Vivo V15 Pro is coming to the Philippines soon. The handset, which was announced last February 2019 in India, looks pretty good on paper. Let’s take a quick look at its best features.
Let’s start with what greets us when opening a phone — the display.
The V15 Pro sports a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED Ultra FullView display. And it’s called ultra for a reason. The screen has no notch and very thin bezels, giving it an impressive 85.9% screen-to-body ratio. This means you get a full viewing experience while watching movies and videos, or while playing games.
It also has a 5th-generation in-display fingerprint scanner, that’s promised to be faster and more accurate than before.
Next, we move on to the V15 Pro’s highlight feature — its motorized pop-up 32MP selfie camera. The innovation is the reason Vivo was able to ditch the notch.
Initial reports say that it works fast for face unlock. It does this by combining a micro-stepping motor, an independent IC driver, and a precision control algorithm to quickly pop-up and retract the module when used.
Apart from selfies, the V15 Pro has triple rear cameras consisting of a 48MP main sensor with pixel binning tech, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 5MP for depth information. The setup promises improved quality of still images compared to previous models.
Then there’s the 11nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 processor paired with 6/8GB RAM. The chip is actually pretty good. Initial AnTuTu tests have it scoring over 174k points, outperforming the SD 710. Compared to previous models, it has 15% faster in-app launches, has better gaming performance, and is more energy efficient.
As for the rest of the specs, the Vivo V15 Pro has 128GB of storage, a 3.5mm heaphone jack (hooray for this one!) a 3,700mAh battery with fast charging, and Funtouch 9 based on Android Pie.
The V15 Pro was announced in India last month with a price of INR 28,990 or roughly PHP 21,300 or USD 408. It will debut in the the Philippines in the coming months. Local pricing will be announced there.
For more information about the Vivo V15 Pro, you may check out this LINK.
Vivo V15 Pro specs:
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display (2316 x 1080, 400ppi)
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM + Storage: 6/8GB + 128GB, MicroSD up to 256GB
- Rear Cameras: Triple 48MP f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) + 5MP f/2.4 (Depth), PDAF, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, Motorized Pop-Up
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 80211ac, Dual band
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BDS
- Others: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, microUSB, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- OS: Funtouch 9, Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 157.3 x 74.7 x 8.2 mm, 185 g
- Colors: Topaz Blue, Coral Red
- Battery: 3,700mAh Battery, Fast Charging