ASUS recently unveiled their latest flagship, the ASUS ZenFone 6. Once again, we have a that handset reimagines the camera in a bid to create a full screen experience.
Let’s go straight into its highlight feature. ASUS takes a stab at innovation and integrated a motorized flip-up camera module on the ZenFone 6. The intention was to maximize screen real estate and forgo the love-it-or-hate-it notch or the punch hole approach.
The camera module flips up to the top of the device from the back if called on for use. It has dual cameras with a 48MP main sensor and a 13MP secondary sensor. The cameras (in either orientation) have 4K video at 60fps recording, electronic image stabilization, HDR+, and Night Mode.
For the display, the ASUS ZenFone 6 has a 6.4-inch full HD+ IPS panel with Gorilla Glass 6 protection and HDR10 support. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB + 64GB, 6GB + 128GB, and 8GB + 256GB configurations. There’s also a large 5000mAh battery on board, complete with Quick Charge 4 support.
Interestingly, ASUS added a Smart Key button, which allows users to activate Google Assistant and view other information. As for the other features, the phone includes a USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The ASUS ZenFone 6 will launch in select regions first. Prices are as follows:
- 6GB + 64GB = EUR 499
- 6GB + 128GB = EUR 559
- 8GB + 256GB = EUR 599
At this point, there is no information yet regarding local availability and pricing.
ASUS ZenFone 6 ZS630KL specs:
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2340 x 1080, 403ppi), Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 7nm
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6/8GB RAM
- Storage: 64/128/256GB Storage
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 + 13MP f/2.4 (Ultrawide) Dual Cameras
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 80211ac, Dual band
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BDS, QZSS, Dual Band
- Others: Fingerprint Scanner (Rear), Face Unlock, Smart Key, USB Type-C, NFC, Gorilla Glass Back Panel, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, DTS Headphone X, Stereo Speakers, FM Radio
- OS: ZenUI 6, Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm, 190 g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Twilight Silver
- Battery: 5000mAh Battery, Quick Charge 4.0, 18W Fast Charging