Apart from the Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi also announced a mid-range variant in the Redmi K20.
The K20 is similar to the Pro variant in almost every way. The main difference between the two is the chipset and the cameras. The K20 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor. Its primary camera, although also 48MP, uses a Sony IMX 582 sensor instead of the IMX 586 found on the flagship.
The rest of the specs are the same. The Redmi K20 has a 6.39-inch full HD+ Super AMOLED display surrounded by narrow bezels. It has no notch, thanks to its motorized 20MP pop-up selfie shooter.
The handset also has triple rear cameras, pairing a 13MP telephoto and a 13MP ultra-wide with the aforementioned 48MP main.
There’s also the in-display fingerprint scanner, the USB Type-C port, the 4000mAh battery with an 18W quick charge (versus the 27W on the K20 Pro), and MIUI 10 on top of Android Pie.
The Redmi K20 will come to China first on June 1, 2019. Pricing are as follows:
- Redmi K20 6GB + 64GB – CNY 1,999 (around PHP 15,200)
- Redmi K20 6GB + 128GB – CNY 2,099 (around PHP 16,000)
Apparently, an 8GB + 256GB variant was posted on their official website but there was no pricing information available.
Redmi K20 specs:
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display (2340 x 1080, 403ppi), Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 64/128/256GB Storage
- Rear Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 + 13MP f/2.4 (Ultra-wide) + 8MP f/2.4 (Telephoto), 2x Optical Zoom, Laser/PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- Front Camera: 20MP f/2.2 Pop-up Front Camera
- Network: 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual band
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BDS, QZSS, Dual Band
- Others: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type-C, NFC, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- OS: MIUI 10, Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm, 191 g
- Colors: Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue
- Battery: 4,000mAh Battery, 18W Quick Charge 4