ASUS recently announced the price of the ASUS ROG Phone II in China. For a flagship that features a Snapdragon 855+, it’s not as expensive as I thought.
In China, ASUS announced two versions — a vanilla model and an affordable customized Tencent one. The Tencent version will have a slightly lower 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, and a crazy price of CNY 3,500. That’s around PHP 26,100 or USD 508. Wow.
It also has a 12GB + 512GB model priced at CNY 6,000, which is roughly PHP 44,700 or USD 875. That’s actually still not bad considering the RAM and storage you’re getting (not to mention the other top-end specs it has).
The Tencent model is available for pre-order in China on JD.com.
The 12GB + 128GB vanilla version, on the other hand, will have a price of CNY 6,000 in China. That’s around PHP 44,700 — which is about right, in my opinion, considering what it offers.
Now if the price in the Philippine is as good as China’s (or better we get our own Tencent variant), ASUS will definitely have something great in their hands.
Price and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced.
If you want to know more about the ASUS ROG Phone II, you can check out our post about it HERE; or you can refer to the specs list below.
ASUS ROG Phone II specs:
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Display (2340 x 1080), 120Hz/1ms Refresh Rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+ Compliant
- 2.96GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+, 7nm
- Adreno 640, Up to 675MHz
- 12GB RAM
- 512GB Storage, UFS 3.0
- 48MP + 13MP Ultra-wide Dual Rear Cameras
- 24MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11ad, 2×2 MIMO, 60GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- USB Type-C, NFC
- Others: Dual Front Facing Stereo Speakers, DTS Headphone:X Ultra, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, GameCool II 3D Vapor-chamber Cooling System, AirTrigger II Ultrasonic Sensors
- ROG UI, Android 9 Pie
- 6,000mAh Battery, 30W Fast Charging