Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi Note 8. The phone debuted alongside the Redmi Note 8 Pro, and features a 48MP main camera and a 4000mAh battery.
Compared to the Pro model, the Redmi Note 8 is no slouch. The phone comes with a 6.30-inch full HD IPS display (instead of an OLED) with dewdrop notch and narrow side bezels.
It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor with 4/64GB, 6/64GB, and 6/128GB RAM/storage options. Battery capacity is at 4,000mAh with support for an 18W fast charge. In comparison, the Pro model has a Helio G90T processor and a larger 4,500mAh battery.
As for its cameras, the Redmi Note 8 also packs four at the back. Compared to its bigger brother’s 64MP sensor, the main shooter has a 48MP, also powered by Samsung’s latest ISOCELL GM2 sensor. It is followed by an 8MP ultra-wide, a 2MP macro, another 2MP for depth.
Completing the specs sheet are the rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, a USB Type-C port, and MIUI 10 based on Android Pie.
In China, the Redmi Note 8 is priced at CNY 999 (USD 140) for the 4/64GB, CNY 1,199 (USD 170) for the 6/64GB, and CNY 1,399 (USD 196) for the 6/128GB. Converted locally, that’s roughly PHP 7,300, PHP 8,800, and PHP 10,200.
Take note that these are all international prices. Local pricing and availability have not yet been announced.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 specs:
- 6.30-inch FHD+ IPS Display (2340 x 1080, 409ppi)
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Processor, 11nm
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64/128GB Storage, MicroSD up to 256GB
- 48MP f/1.8 Main + 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide + 2MP f/2.4 Macro + 2MP f/2.4 Depth, Quad Rear Cameras, Dual LED Flash
- 13MP Front Camera, HDR
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC, Infrared Blaster
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- MIUI 10, Android 9 Pie
- Colors: Crystal Green, Crystal Blue
- 4,000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging