The Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro is finally official. This is the first smartphone to come with a 64MP camera and a Helio G90T processor.
Actually, Realme was first to announced that they were developing a 64MP camera phone called the Realme XT. But Redmi managed to beat them to the punch with this release.
The main highlight of the Redmi Note 8 Pro is its quad camera setup. It has a vertical layout aligned at the center of the back panel (similar to what the OPPO Reno2 has). Its 64MP main sensor is backed by a Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor with quad-binning pixel technology. Accompanying it are 8MP ultra-wide, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth sensors.
Up front, the Note 8 Pro has a 6.53-inch display with narrow side bezels. There’s a dewdrop notch housing a 20MP front camera.
Among its many firsts, the Redmi Note 8 Pro is also the first device to have an octa-core Helio G90T processor. It is paired with 6 or 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. It also has liquid cooling for temperature control and a 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, a rebranded Redmi K20 Pro, is now official
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is priced at CNY 1,399 for the 6GB/64GB model and CNY 1,799 for the 8GB/128GB. It will be available in China on September.
Local pricing and availability are yet to be announced.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro specs:
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS Display (2340 x 1080, 395ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T Processor, 12nm
- Mali G76 GPU
- 6/8GB RAM
- 128GB Storage, MicroSD up to 256GB
- 64MP f/1.8 Main + 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide + 2MP f/2.4 Macro + 2MP f/2.4 Depth, Quad Rear Cameras, Dual LED Flash
- 20MP Front Camera, HDR
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC, Infrared Blaster
- Liquid Cooling
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear)
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C
- MIUI 10, Android 9 Pie
- Colors: Black, Red, Blue, White
- 4,500mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging