Xiaomi recently launched the Redmi 8 in India. The handset features a Snapdragon 439 processor, dual cameras, and a large battery.
The Redmi 8 comes with 6.22-inch HD IPS display with a notch for the 8MP selfie camera. At the back, the handset features a 12MP + 2MP dual camera setup with a Sony IMX 386 sensor for the main paired with a depth sensor.
Inside, the Redmi 8 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor with 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB options. It also has a 5,000mAh battery with an 18W fast charging support.
Other specs include a USB Type-C port, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, a wireless FM radio, and a headphone jack.
Also Read: Xiaomi opens Mi Store in SM Dasmarinas
The Xiaomi Redmi 8 will go on sale in India starting October 12. The 3GB + 32GB unit is priced at INR 7,999 (roughly PHP 5,900), while the 4GB + 64GB at INR 8,999 (PHP 6,600).
Redmi 8 specs:
- 6.22-inch HD+ Dot Notch Display (1520 x 720, 270 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 Processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3/4GB RAM
- 32/64GB Storage, microSD up to 512GB
- 12MP f/1.8 + 2MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 8MP f/2.0 Front Camera
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- USB Type-C Port
- Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
- AI Face Unlock
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- IR Blaster
- Wireless FM Radio
- P2i Splash Protection
- Sapphire Blue, Onyx Black, Ruby Red
- 5,000mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging