Xiaomi recently announced a new mid-range smartphone. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S is now official with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset 720G in tow.
The Redmi Note 9S is actually the international version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro that launched in India sometime last week. The handset is designed around the 6.67-inch full HD+ IPS display with a 2400 x 1080 resolution, HDR10 support, and a punch hole camera on the upper middle of the panel aptly named Tiny DotDisplay.
Inside, the Redmi Note 9S is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G processor with 4GB + 64GB and 8GB + 128GB variants. It also has a 5,020mAh battery with a USB Type-C 18W fast charger.
At the rear are four cameras with a 48MP main, an 8MP ultra-wide, a 5MP macro, and a 2MP depth sensors. While the punch hole cutout is backed by a 16MP selfie shooter with a f/2.5 aperture lens and 120fps slow-motion video recording .
Lastly, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and MIUI 11 running the show.
The Redmi Note 9S is going to be available in select Southeast Asian markets starting April 7, 2020. In Malaysia, it will be priced at MYR 799 (around PHP 9,200) for the 4GB + 64GB variant, and MYR 899 (PHP 10,400) for the 8GB + 128GB variant. While in Singapore, it will be a bit more expensive at SGD 299 (PHP 10,600) and SGD 349 (PHP 12,300), respectively.
Pricing and availability details in the Philippines are yet to be announced. But we do hope it comes soon.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S specs
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2400 x 1080, 394 ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10
- 2.3GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Processor
- Adreno 618 GPU
- 4/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64/128GB UFS 2.1 Storage, MicroSD Slot up to 512GB
- 48MP f/2.8 Main + 8MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide + 5MP Macro + 2MP Depth Quad Rear Cameras, LED Flash
- 16MP Punch Hole Front Camera
- 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- USB Type-C, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side)
- P2i Splash Proof
- MIUI 11, Android 10
- 5,020mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging