Lenovo unveiled its first gaming-centric smartphone, the Legion Phone Duel. The name is a mouthful, but the handset does come with an intriguing, ticking a lot of boxes in features and design.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel
So, what does the Lenovo Legion Phone Duel offer? For starters, it comes with a powerful flagship processor, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus, matched by top end memory with up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage.
Another key highlight is the 6.59-inch FHD AMOLED display which features a 144Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, an in-display fingerprint scanner and dual speakers.
The handset has a gamer design that bears aesthetics from their Legion line of gaming laptops. It has an elevating side-mounted 20MP selfie camera that allows for a full notch-and-punch-hole-free display.
You might also like: Lenovo Legion announces gaming community; Holds gaming laptop sale
At the back is a dual camera setup with a 64MP main and a 16MP ultra-wide. Interestingly, these are placed near the middle of the back, as oppose to the usual places you see them.
As for its gaming features, the phone comes with pressure sensitive side triggers for added versatility when playing games. It has advanced cooling system with two heat pipes.
You might also like: Lenovo Yoga Duet 7, Yoga Slim 7 price, pre-order announced
Finally, we have the 5,000mAh battery (split into to 2,500mAh cells). It comes with blazing fast 90W fast charging, which, Lenovo claims fully charge the phone in just 30 minutes. To do this, the phone requires charging in two USB Type-C ports, located at the side and bottom, charging the two cells at the same time.
The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel comes in blue and red colorways. Here’s the list of prices per configuration:
- Lenovo Legion Phone Duel (8GB + 128GB) – CNY 3,499 (around PHP 24,700)
- Lenovo Legion Phone Duel (12GB + 128GB) – CNY 3,899 (around PHP 27,500)
- Lenovo Legion Phone Duel (12GB + 256GB) – CNY 4,199 (around PHP 29,700)
- Lenovo Legion Phone Duel (16GB + 512GB) – CNY 5,999 (around PHP 42,300)
The gaming phone will first launch in China. It is expected to arrive in the Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America.
No word yet if it will reach the Philippines. But I’m hoping it does. They did say they wanted to re-enter the local smartphone market.
Lenovo Legion Phone Duel specs
- Display: 6.59-inch FHD AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Processor: 2.42GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Plus
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Main + 16MP Ultra-wide, Dual Cameras, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 20MP Selfie Camera, Side-mounted
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Others: USB Type-C, In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Stereo Speakers, Dual Vibration Engine
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 90W Fast Charging