The realme V5 has recently launched in China. The budget midrange handset is one of the cheapest 5G capable smartphones at the moment.
Check out the pricing. The realme C5 retails for CNY 1,399 (around PHP 9,900) for the 6GB + 128GB model, and CNY 1,899 (~PHP 13,400) for the 8GB + 128GB model.
Unfortunately, its a China only phone at the moment. But we’re hopeful for availability in the Philippines soon, since our local telcos have already launched their 5G services. And that means there will be a need for affordable 5G phones.
The realme V5 is definitely feature packed. For starters, its 5G-capable. The handset is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G chipset with 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage.
You might also like: realme X50 Pro 5G is coming to the Philippines
Up front is a a 6.5-inch FHD+ display with a 90Hz refresh rate and a 90.7% screen-to-body ratio, courtesy of the punch hole cutout.
At the back is a 48MP f/1.8 main camera with an 8MP f/2.3 ultra-wide, 2MP f/2.4 macro and 2MP f/2.4 monochrome sensors.
The realme V5 packs a 5,000mAh battery with a 30W flash charge. Connectivity options include USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, and a headphone jack. It also has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for security.
realme V5 specs
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD IPS Display, 2400 x 1080, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 90.7% Screen-to-body Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: 2GHz Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 720
- RAM: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Macro + 2MP Monochrome, Quad Cameras
- Front Camera: 16MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE, Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Others: USB Type-C, Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: realme UI, Android 10
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 30W Flash Charge