Apple recently unveiled its latest iPad tablets — a new iPad Air 2020 with an A14 Bionic and an entry level iPad with a refreshed processor.
iPad Air 2020
The new iPad Air 2020 received a big boost with a new A14 Bionic chip and an iPad Pro like design. It has the same body as its predecessor, but with a larger 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with a sharp 2360 x 1640 resolution.
The A14 Bionic is the first chip manufactured using the 5nm process. The new chip is said to offer 40% improved performance with a 30% faster GPU.
At the back is a 12MP rear camera with 4K video at 60fps and 240fps slow-mo. And at the front, there’s a 7MP selfie camera that can shoot 1080p video at 60fps.
You might also like: New iPhone SE is Apple’s cheapest iPhone
The tablet also features Wi-Fi 6, dual speakers, a USB Type-C port, Apple Pencil support, and a power button with an embedded Touch ID sensor. It retained the magnetic connector to use with a keyboard.
The iPad Air 2020 comes in Space Gray, Silver, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue. Pricing are as follows:
- iPad Air 2020 64GB Wi-Fi: USD 599 (~PHP 30,000)
- iPad Air 2020 256GB Wi-Fi: USD 749 (~PHP 36,300)
- iPad Air 2020 64GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: USD 729 (~PHP 35,300)
- iPad Air 2020 256GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: USD 879 (~PHP 42,600)
In the Philippines, it will most likely have the same prices as its predessor.
iPad 8th Generation
Apple also updated its entry level iPad 2020. Now in its 8th generation, the tablet is essentially the same as the previous gen, but with an A12 Bionic chip.
It has a 10.2-inch Retina display and comes in two storage capacities — 32GB and 128GB with dual speakers, a lightning port, rear and front cameras, and a home button with a Touch ID sensor.
The iPad comes in Space Gray, Silver and Gold. Pricing are as follows:
- iPad 2020 32GB Wi-Fi: USD 329 (~PHP 16,000)
- iPad 2020 128GB Wi-Fi: USD 429 (~PHP 20,800)
- iPad 2020 32GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: USD 459 (~PHP 22,300)
- iPad 2020 128GB Wi-Fi + Cellular: USD 559 (~PHP 27,100)