Realme launches its first smartphone for 2021 in the realme V15 5G. The midrange phone is a great start for the year, featuring 5G connectivity and a large 6.4-inch AMOLED display, powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 800U.
The realme V15 5G was unveiled in China and comes in two variants — 6GB + 128GB priced at CNY 1,499 and 8GB + 128GB for CNY 1,999.
The phone has a large 6.4-inch FHD AMOLED display with a 180Hz touch sampling rate and an in-display fingerprint sensor underneath. At the back are three rear cameras, namely a 64MP main, an 8MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP macro. While for selfies, the phone relies on a 16MP shooter.
Inside, the realme V15 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 800U with a copper pipe that dissipates heat. The processor is paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB storage. Battery capacity is set at 4,310mAh with 50W fast charging (the phone ships with a 65W fast charger in the box).
Price and Availability
The realme V15 5G is priced at CNY 1,499 for the 6GB + 128GB, and CNY 1,999 for the 8GB + 128GB. Converted to local currency, that’s around Php 11,200 and Php 14,900, respectively.
It will go on sale in China on January 14. No news yet of a global launch, let alone here in the Philippines.
realme V15 5G specs
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, 2400 x 1080, 180Hz Touch Sampling Rate
- Processor: 2.4GHz Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 800U
- GPU: Mali-G57
- RAM: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Macro, Triple Cameras
- Front Camera: 16MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AC, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Sensor, USB-C, Hi-Res Audio, Dirac Sound, Cooling System
- OS: realme UI 2.0, Android 11
- Battery: 4,310mAh Battery, 50W Fast Charging