PLDT and Smart Communications have restored 100% of their fixed and wireless network in sites in the provinces of Aurora and Bulacan, which were severely affected by super typhoon Karding. The Group was also the first to fully restore network services in Pangasinan.
Meanwhile, PLDT and Smart continue to operate their Libreng Tawag (free calls), Libreng Charging (free charging), and Libreng WiFi (free WiFi) stations to provide communication services to affected communities. More sites were opened in different municipalities to help residents connect with their families and loved ones.
Apart from the stations, the Group has also stopped disconnection of accounts in hardest hit areas. PLDT plans to suppress bills for areas with severe typhoon impacts while services are undergoing restoration.
LIBRENG TAWAG & LIBRENG CHARGING
- JP Alarma General Merchandise, 585 Brgy. Poblacion, Burdeos Quezon
LIBRENG TAWAG / LIBRENG CHARGING / LIBRENG WIFI STATIONS
- One RS at San Miguel, Brgy. Sta. Rita, Matanda, San Miguel, Bulacan
- DRT Highway, Baliuag Road (going to San Miguel), Bulacan
- Brgy. Hall, Patalac, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
- AP Paltao General Merchandise, Brgy. Burgos, San Leonardo, Nueva Ecija
- Lubi Store Loading Station, San Jose St., Brgy. Poblacion, Polillo, Quezon
- PLDT Tarlac, M.H. Del Pilar St., San Nicolas Tarlac City
- PLDT Concepcion, A. Mabini St., San Nicolas Concepcion, Tarlac
- PLDT Camiling, Quezon Ave., cor. Osmena St., Brgy. Poblacion Camiling, Tarlac
- PLDT Paniqui, Baltazar Subd., Poblacion Norte, Paniqui, Tarlac
PLDT and Smart Foundation (PSF), together with Alagang Kapatid Foundation Inc. (AKFI), began distributing relief assistance in the form of food packs, drinking water, and other essentials to communities in provinces impacted by Karding.