Metrobank, one of the leading banks in the Philippines, is waiving the fees for InstaPay transfers worth PHP 1,000 and below until September 30, 2023.
InstaPay is an electronic fund transfer service that allows customers to send and receive money instantly between participating banks and non-bank financial institutions. It is convenient, secure, and accessible 24/7.
Metrobank’s fee waiver is part of its support for the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas‘ initiative to promote digital payments and financial inclusion in the country. It is also a way to showcase the features and benefits of the new Metrobank App, which provides smart, simple, and secure banking services to its clients.
To avail of the free InstaPay transfers, Metrobank account holders need to download the new Metrobank App from the Apple App Store, Google Play, or the Huawei AppGallery and update it to the latest version (ver 1.7.1). They can then follow these steps:
- Open the app and tap the Send Money icon at the bottom tab.
- Enter the source account, transfer amount, and recipient details. Only transactions amounting to PHP 1,000 and below are eligible for the fee waiver.
- Tap the Immediate button and enter the purpose of the transfer.
- Tap Next and review the details. Tap Confirm and enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to the registered number. Do not share this OTP with anyone.
- Check that the InstaPay fee is PHP 0.00 on the transaction details page.
Users will also receive an SMS notification confirming their transaction.
With this offer, Metrobank hopes to encourage more Filipinos to experience the convenience and efficiency of online banking. For more information, visit www.metrobank.com.ph or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.