Cathy Yang, First Vice President and Head of Group Corporate Communications at PLDT and Smart, said their network remains resilient except in some areas where power and infrastructure are disrupted.
“Based on the initial assessment of our teams on the ground, PLDT and Smart’s network remains resilient except in areas with power outages and damaged infrastructure, and disruptions reported can be considered manageable. Our command center continues to monitor the situation,” Yang said in a statement.
To assist the communication needs of affected residents, PLDT and Smart have also set up Libreng Tawag (free calls) and Libreng Charging (free charging) stations in several sites in Abra, Benguet, Cagayan, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, and La Union. A Libreng Tawag (free calls) and Libreng WiFi (free WiFi) station were also established in La Union.
The locations of the free service stations are as follows:
- VNA Office, Ovadera Mall, Zone 3, Bangued
- Lindi Hotel, 12 Legarda Road, Baguio City
- Granville Office, Km4, Pico, La Trinidad
- Barangay Hall, Bulala, Camalaniugan
- Gonzaga Gymnasium, Gonzaga
- VERTEXT Capitol branch, beside Iglesia Independiente, Rival St., Laoag City
- VERTEXT Main branch, JBL Bldg., Barangay 18, Laoag City
- Barangay Hall, Caaoacan, Laoag City
- Barangay Hall, La Paz, Laoag City
- VNA Vigan Office, UNP Town Centre, Tamag, Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
- Luna Civic Center, Alcala, Luna, La Union
PLDT and Smart advised the public to take necessary precautions and heed the alerts and warnings of local governments and disaster response authorities.