Apple its latest accessory for the iPad, the Apple Pencil USB-C, is coming to the Philippines for ₱4,990. The new stylus is compatible with a range of iPad models and offers a smooth and natural writing and drawing experience.
The Apple Pencil USB-C is designed for taking notes, sketching, marking up documents, journaling, and more. Like previous models, it offers pixel‑perfect precision and low latency, as well as tilt sensitivity. However, this one does not support pressure sensitivity, wireless pairing and charging, and the double tap function.
The Apple Pencil USB-C pairs and charges via a USB-C Charge Cable. It magnetically attaches to the side of the iPad for storage.
It supports the following iPad models:
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (6th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (4th generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation)
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Air (4th generation)
- iPad (10th generation)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
The Apple Pencil USB-C is priced at ₱4,990 in the Philippines and is coming to Apple’s online store and authorized resellers soon.
The move to USB-C for the Apple Pencil is part of Apple’s transition to using USB-C for all its devices, including the iPhone. The latest iPhone 15 Series now comes with USB-C to comply with the EU law on common charging standards and to reduce electronic waste.
This means that users will be able to use a single USB-C cable and charger for all their Apple devices, making it more convenient and eco-friendly.