Samsung launches the premium Galaxy S24 Ultra in the Philippines, joining the Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+. The Galaxy S24 Ultra boasts a Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy chipset, a quad camera setup, and a titanium frame.
The new Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra is different from the Galaxy S23 Ultra in terms of design. It has a flat display and sharp corners, giving a sleeker and more modern look. It’s also the first Galaxy phone to have a titanium frame, which is stronger and lighter than aluminum.
The phone has a 6.8-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with 120Hz refresh rate, a max brightness of 2600 nits, and Gorilla Glass Armor protection. It has a 5000mAh battery with 45W fast charging, wireless charging, and Wireless PowerShare.
The phone has a quad camera setup at the back, with a 200MP main camera with OIS, a 12MP ultra-wide camera, a 50MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom and OIS, and a 10MP telephoto camera with 3x optical zoom and OIS. The front camera is a 12MP sensor underneath a tiny hole punch cutout at the top center of the screen.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy chipset with 12GB of RAM, and 256GB, 512GB and 1TB storage options. The chipset supports Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity, and Samsung Knox. It also features S Pen support, an in-display fingerprint scanner, dual speakers, and an IP68 certification.
The Galaxy S24 Series uses a variety of recycled materials, applying recycled plastics, glass, and aluminum to internal and external components. It is also the first Galaxy S series made with recycled steel and Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU), making them more eco-friendly.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra takes it up a notch with a minimum of 40% recycled steel in the speakers and a minimum of 10% pre-consumer recycled TPU in the side and volume keys. Additionally, the packaging box is made from 100% recycled paper material.
The phone runs on One UI 6.1, based on Android 14. One of the highlights of the Galaxy S24 Series is the new Galaxy AI. Here are some of its features:
- Live Translate – A two-way, real-time voice and text translation of phone calls within the native app.
- Interpreter – Live conversations can be instantly translated on a split-screen view. It even works without cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- Chat Assist – Live edits conversational tones to ensure communication sounds as intended.
- Android Auto – Automatically summarize incoming messages and suggest relevant replies and actions, like sending someone your ETA.
- Note Assist in Samsung Notes – It features AI-generated summaries, template creation that streamlines notes with pre-made formats, and cover creation.
- Transcript Assist – Uses AI and Speech-to-Text technology to transcribe, summarize, and even translate recordings.
- Circle to Search with Google – With a long press on the home button, users can circle, highlight, scribble on, or tap anything on Galaxy S24’s screen to see helpful, high-quality search results.
- Galaxy AI editing tools – Uses Galaxy AI to suggest suitable tweaks for photos, including Edit Suggestion, Generative Edit, and Instant Slow-mo.
The Galaxy S24 Ultra is available in four colors: Titanium Gray, Titanium Black, Titanium Violet, and Titanium Yellow. The prices and availability of the phone will be announced soon.
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra specs
|6.8-inch QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X display, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass Armor
|Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy
|200MP main, f/1.7, OIS
12MP ultra-wide, f/2.2
50MP telephoto, f/3.4, 5x optical zoom, OIS
10MP telephoto, f/2.4, 3x optical zoom, OIS
|5G, 4G LTE
|Wi-Fi 7, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS
|In-display Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C, Dual Speakers, IP68 Certification, S Pen, Samsung Knox, Samsung Knox Vault, Vapor Chamber Cooling
|One UI 6.1, Android 14
|5000mAh battery, 45W fast charging, wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare