Despite all the leaks, the highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy S9+ is now official. The phone features dual rear cameras, proper fingerprint scanner placement, and a 6.2-inch display.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Philippines
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ is official. The highly anticipated flagship finally includes dual cameras, and a proper fingerprint scanner placement.
The Galaxy S9+ comes with a 6.2-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2960 x 1440, and a pixel density of 531ppi. Like its predecessor, the phone has an 18.5:9 aspect ration, and a screen-to-body ratio of 83.2%.
The handset’s body features Gorilla Glass 5 back and from panels, sandwiching an aluminum frame. The display slopes at the sides, melding with the metal body creating a seamless and solid build.
Samsung fixed past mistakes and placed the fingerprint scanner just beneath the rear camera for better and more natural reach.
Inside, the Galaxy S9+ is powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 9810 processor, paired with 6GB of RAM, and a choice between 128GB and 256GB of storage. It is expandable via dual hybrid nano-SIM card holders. Graphics are handled by a Mali G72-MP18 GPU.
Finally a dual cameras! The Galaxy S9+ boasts a 12MP +12MP rear cameras. One of the sensors uses a telephoto lens with a dual aperture of f/1.5 and f/2.4, OIS, and 2x optical zoom. The other is wide-angle with a f/2.4 lens and OIS. The front camera uses an 8MP sensor with f/1.7 lens.
One of the highlights of the new camera is the Super Slo-mo mode that lets you shoot slow motion videos at 960fps. Another new feature is the AR Emoji, which translates your photo into an Emoji sticker.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ Philippines now open for pre-order
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ camera samples
- Samsung Galaxy S9 is now official; Specs and Philippine price revealed
The rest of the specs are what you’d expect from a Samsung flagship. You have DeX Pad support, the Bixby button, IP68 dust and water resistance, the iris scanner, and wireless charging are there. The rest of the specs include dual speakers tuned by AKG, a USB Type-C port, Wi-Fi ac support, 4G LTE Cat. 18, Bluetooth v5.0, and NFC.
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ has a larger 3,500 mAh battery compared to the non-plus variant. It runs on Samsung Experience 9 OS, based on Android 8.0.
Philippine price and availability
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ will be available in the Philippines starting March 16, 2018. It will have a suggested retail price of Php52,990 for the 64GB, Php55,990 for the 128GB variant, and Php60,990 for the 256GB variant. Pre-order starts on February 27 to March 6, 2018. Those who pre-order will get an exclusive gift of their choice (AKG speakers, wireless fast charger, or an original case.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ specs:
- 6.2-inch WQHD+ 18.5:9 Super AMOLED display (2960 x 1440, 531ppi) 83.2% STB
- Gorilla Glass 5, Front and Back
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9810, 4 x 2.9GHz Custom CPU + 4 x 1.9GHz ARM Cortex A55
- Mali G72-MP18 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 Internal Storage
- Dual Hybrid Nano-SIM card with microSD card
- 4G LTE Cat. 18 6CA 1.2Gbps
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- Iris Scanner, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS with aGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP f/1.5-f/2.4, Super Speed Dual Pixel, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, Telephoto + 12MP f/2.4 Dual Pixel,
- OIS, Wide-Angle
- Dual-Tone, Dual-LED Flash
- 2160p@30fps Video Recording, Super Slow-mo 960fps @ 720p
- 8MP Front Camera, f/1.7
- IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- Dual AKG Speakers, Dolby ATMOS
- Android 8.0, Samsung Experience 9
- Bixby Vision 2.0
- USB Type-C
- 3,500 mAh Battery, Fast Charge, Wireless Charging
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5mm; 189 grams
- Colors: Midnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.