This is your chance to buy yourself an Android phone for a very low price. Samsung Philippines has an ongoing summer sale dubbed “Samsung Summer Supreme Deals”. Included in the sale are Android handsets from Samsung.
The Samsung Galaxy S, priced at around Php30,000 at launch, is now priced at Php17,990. This is a very good deal considering the specs of the Galaxy S. Although the Galaxy S II is possibly launching in the Philippines soon, the feature set of the Galaxy S is more than sufficient for a smartphone. The price of Php17,990 is practically the price of a second hand Galaxy S.
Galaxy S Features
- Samsung 1.0GHz processor
- 4-inch screen (480×800 pixels)
- 8GB internal storage (up to 32GB via microSD)
- HSDPA, WiFi 802.11n w/ DLNA
- Bluetooth 3.0 w/ A2DP
- 5MP autofocus camera
- 720p @ 30fps video recording
- 2nd front-facing VGA camera for 3G calls
- Android OS 2.2
- GPS w/ A-GPS support
- 1500mAh Li-Ion battery
Also included in the sale are the Samsung Galaxy Ace, the Samsung Galaxy Fit, and the Samsung Galaxy Mini. Here’s the current price of these handsets.
- Samsung Galaxy Ace — Php14,490
- Samsung Galaxy Fit — Php10,490
- Samsung Galaxy Mini — Php8,990
Samsung also dropped the prices of non-android handsets like the Samsung Chat 335, Samsung Punch, Samsung Champ, Samsung Corby II, Samsung C3010, Samsung E2230, Samsung E1175, and Samsung E 1080.