In a possible attempt to wrest some market share from Apple’s Macbook Air, Sony will make its Vaio Z laptop thinner than its predecessor. Sony just revealed the details of the upcoming ultrathin Vaio Z laptop to the European press.
The new Vaio Z is a 13.1-inch notebook that weighs under 1.2kg and has a 21.8mm thin profile. It has a 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM, and 1600×900 resolution screen, with up to 7 hours of computing power. The Vaio Z features a Power Media Dock, which has an AMD Radeon 6650M GPU with 1GB of dedicated memory connected via Light Peak. The dock has one USB 3.0 and additional USB, VGA and HDMI ports, and a slot for a DVD or Blu-ray drive. The Vaio Z is also the first laptop, apart from Apple, to have the new Thunderbolt technology.
The Vaio Z will ship by the end of July in Europe. The rest of the world will probably get a glimpse of this ultraportable soon thereafter. Price will most likely go north of P100,000.
VAIO Z Specifications
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2620M 2.70GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.40GHz)
- OS: Genuine Windows® 7 Professional (64bit) with Service Pack 1
- Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz SDRAM
- Drive: 256GB SSD Flash memory (RAID 0)
- Screen: 33.2cm (13.1″) VAIO Display Premium (1600×900) with wide (16:9) aspect ratio
- On-board graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 3000
- Optical drive: DVD SuperMulti Drive (included with VGP-PRZ20C Power Media Dock)
- Others: WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n; 3G WWAN; Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR; USB 2.0 x1, docking station/USB port x1 (supports USB 2.0/3.0 compatible devices); HDMI™ out (3D supported); stereo speakers with Dolby® Home Theater® v4; HD web camera powered by ‘Exmor’ (1.3 effective megapixels); Web, VAIO and Assist buttons; touchpad with gesture support; fingerprint sensor; Quick Boot
- Dimensions: 210 x 16.65 x 330mm
- Weight: 1.18kg (with standard internal battery)
Power Media Dock Specifications
- Graphics Accelerator: AMD Radeon™ HD 6650M
- Video RAM: 1GB DDR3
- Max. resolution: Analogue RGB: 1920 x 1200
- HDMI: 1920 x 1080
- Optical drive: VGP-PRZ20C: DVD SuperMulti Drive
- VGP-PRZ20A: Blu-ray Disc™ Drive with DVD SuperMulti
- LAN port: 1000BASE-T/100BASE-T/10BASE-T x1
- USB port: Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0) Type A Connector x2, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) x1
- Monitor port: Mini D-Sub 15 pin x1
- HDMI output port: x1 (3D Supported)
- Dimensions: 148 x 16.65 x 220mm
- Weight: 0.685kg
Too expensive. Hope this one goes down to 70 soon so I can afford. Anyway, will this be launched in the Philippines as well?
Oh nice, thanks for share!
Nice, that’s helpful for me!
Oh thanks, i appriciate that!
Well, interesting post, thanks!