Updated on February 20th, 2013
Samsung is going to release an updated Samsung Galaxy Ace which it calls the Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus. The intention here clearly is to retain the Galaxy Ace branding and to clearly indicate that the model is an upgrade of the older one.
What has changed from the original Galaxy Ace? The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus gets a faster 1GHz processor, a 5 megapixel back camera, a 3GB internal memory, HSDPA connectivity and it now has a bigger 3.65-inch HVGA display but the resolution is the same at 320 x 480, which means that in terms of pixel density, this one will be worse than the original. The handset will run Android 2.3 Gingerbread and on top will be the usual TouchWiz interface.
According to Samsung’s Press Release, the Samsung Galaxy Plus will become available on sale this month in Russia and then in Europe, Latin America, Asia, Africa and China. Pricing is expected to be the same as the original although nothing official has been revealed yet.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Specifications
- 3.65-inch HVGA display(320 x 480 pixels)
- 1GHz processor
- 512MB RAM
- microSD (up to 32GB))
- 5 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- 3GB internal memory (2GB of shared for multimedia, 1GB of direct storage for apps)
- WiFi 802.11
- HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Social Hub, Music Hub and ChatON
- Standard battery, Li-ion 1,300 mAh
- Dimensions: 114.7 x 62.5 x 11.2 mm,
- Weight: 115 g
- Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0
- Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity
- 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo FM Radio with RDS
Go here if you want to see the full press release