We mentioned before that Lenovo was bringing the Vibe Z to the Philippines. Last week, we were fortunate enough to be invited to attend the official launching of their first LTE smartphone.
Held at the Jade Garden in Glorietta, Makati last March 14, key officers from Open Communications (Lenovo’s exclusive smartphone distributor in the Philippines) unveiled the Vibe Z and discussed its features.
The Vibe Z is a beautifully designed device encased in a thin 7.9mm body weighing just 147 grams. My initial impression of the device is that the phone is light and solidly made. The build quality is impressive, and even with a fairly large 5.5 inch screen, feels comfortable to hold. The UI is refreshing to look at, and the icons were nice and subtle.
Looking at some of its key specs, Vibe Z comes with a 5.5 inch Full HD IPS display (1080 x 1920 pixels; 401ppi) featuring Lenovo’s proprietary 20/20 Vision technology. The quad-core Snapdragon 800 2.2 GHz processor and 2GB of RAM will ensure the phone runs smooth and fast. Its 13MP camera is equipped with a BSI sensor, and has an aperture of f/1.8 for improved low light photography. It has a 3000mAh battery with a quoted talk time of up to 33 hours, and up to 18 days of standby time. Lastly, it runs Android 4.3 out of the box.
The Vibe Z also comes with Lenovo’s new suite of DOit apps. Comprised of five apps, it addresses key concerns most mobile users have. The DOit app series includes:
- SHAREit – shares information instantly between multiple devices without network charges
- SECUREit – speeds up devices and secures them from viruses and malware
- SYNCit – backs up and restores contacts, SMS messages and call logs
- SNAPit Camera – provides a powerful camera app with multiple shooting modes
- SEEit Gallery – allows one-touch creative editing and efficient photo management
Vibe Z key specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display (1080×1920 pixels, 401ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.2GHz quad-core processor
- Adreno 330 Graphics
- Android OS Jelly Bean 4.3 with New Lenovo Launcher
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
HSPA+DL 21 Mbps, UP 5.76 Mbps
- LTE Cat 4 DL 150 Mbps, UL 50 Mbps
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- FM Radio tuner
- 13MP f/1.8 rear camera with dual LED flash & BSI sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Li-Po 3000mAh battery
I have to admit I was quite impressed with the Vibe Z. It was fast, responsive and smooth. But it remains to be seen how it will fare in real life usage.
The Lenovo Vibe Z is priced at P24,999 and is now available in Lenovo stores and authorized dealers of Open Communications, Lenovo’s exclusive smartphone distributor in the Philippines.
Lenovo is a US$34 billion personal technology company – the world’s largest PC maker and, with the purchase of Motorola Mobility, the world’s 3rd largest smartphone maker.
Here are some more images of the Vibe Z: