It looks like Sun Cellular will be offering the Mi Pad this May 20, 2015. The telco has opened it’s pre-registration page for tablet. Just click on the link (http://suncellular.com.ph/broadband/xiaomi-mipad-pre-registration) and type in your name, email address, contact number and your preferred Sun Shop.
Once that’s done, you will likely receive a call from Sun to confirm your intent and inform you of the requirements.
The Mi Pad went on sale in the country last May 5, 2014. The tablet comes with a 7.9 inch full HD display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 and 326 ppi. It is powered by a 2.2GHz quad core NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. Other notable features include a 4:3 aspect ratio, an 8MP BSI main camera with a large aperture of f/2.0, and a 5MP front camera.
Xiaomi Mi Pad key specs:
- 7.9 inch IPS Full HD display (2048×1536, 326 ppi); 4:3 aspect ratio; Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.2GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra K1
- NVIDIA Kepler GPU; 192 CUDA cores
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB Flash (expandable up to 128GB)
- 8MP BSI f/2.0
- 5MP front camera
- Dual band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 2×2 MIMO antenna
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 6,700 mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery