Last July 29, 2015, Windows 10 was made available to 190 countries, including the Philippines, as a free upgrade to eligible Windows 7 and 8.1 devices or PCs. The “Best Windows Ever” offers a mix of something old and new.
At the launch event held in Hole in the Wall at the Century City Mall in Makati, we were introduced to some of the new features of Window’s most ambitious update. The latest iteration is faster, safer and features the return of the Start Menu (finally). Improvements have also been made to make it more secure, as various enhancements were put into place to guard against viruses, malware and phishing.
In Windows 10, Microsoft included all the little things that made the previous versions good, and then some. Here are some of the more interesting features of the new OS:
- Cortana – Microsoft’s personal digital assistant
- Microsoft Edge browser – a simpler, more streamlined and faster web browser (a lot better than IE)
- Action Center – improved notifications!
- Microsoft Phone Companion app – enables Windows and Android phones, and iPhones to work seamlessly with Win 10 devices
- Continuum – dynamically switch between the PC/desktop interface and a Windows 8-like tablet mode
Get It Now
Starting last July 29, you can get Windows 10 for PCs and tablets through the free upgrade offer. For more information on upgrading your system, you may visit http://windows.com/windows10upgrade.
If you have reserved for an update and still haven’t gotten it, there are legal ways to force the update. Just check Google for some answers :)