Xiaomi announced the new Mi Pad 2. The 8 inch tablet is the company’s first Intel powered device.
Mi Pad 2
The MiPad 2 is powered by a quad core Intel Atom processor , 2GB of dual channel LPDDR3 RAM and MIUI 7. The 8-inch IPS display has a resolution of 2048 x 1536 with a pixel density of 326 PPI. Like the RedMi Note 3, the tablet also has a full aluminum body with a thickness of only 6.95 mm. At the bottom you’ll find a USB Type-C port.
Other specs include an 8MP main camera with an aperture of f/2.0, 1080p video recording, and a 5MP front camera with a 75 degree wide-angle lens.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 specs:
- 7.9-inch IPS display (2048 x 1536, 326 PPI)
- 2.24 GHz Quad-core Intel Atom processor X5-Z8500 (14nm process)
- 2GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB/64GB internal storage
- 8MP rear camera (f/2.0), 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera 75° wide-angle
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- Full metal body, USB Type-C port
- Colors: Dark Grey and Champagne Gold
- 6190mAh battery, 5V/2A fast charging
The Mi Pad 2 is priced at 999 RMB (around PHP 7,400) for the 16GB model, and 1,299 RMB (around PHP10,000) for the 64GB. Like the Redmi Note 3, no information yet if the tablet will be available in the Philippines.