Samsung Philippines took off the covers of the shiny new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Silver Titanium Edition at the Samsung Galaxy Studio in the SM Mega Fashion Hall last June 4, 2016. The place allows fans and consumers alike to experience the flagship and its ecosystem of accessories.
Samsung Galaxy Studio and the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
The Samsung Galaxy Studio was built to showcase the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and its ecosystem of technologies and accessories. The display was divided into various sections that feature the smartphone’s different capabilities that include high quality photos, water resistance and playing VR.
Here’s a short video I prepared to give you an idea what the Galaxy Studio offers. You can also view the video on this link.
Like I said, there are different areas designed to focus on the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge’s capabilities. One area features a 4D chair where visitors can ride on a virtual roller coster via the Samsung Gear VR. Another area highlights the phone’s fantastic camera. A dome with a reflective interior was setup where you can take photos inside while the lights flashed, showing off the flagship’s dual pixel camera.
There was also a display highlighting the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge‘s IP68 certified water resistance. A waterfall setup shows the smartphone continuously doused in trickles of water.
The star of the show, of course, is the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Silver Titanium Edition. This is the same S7 flagship that launched last February, but this time, in a shiny silver build. If you look close enough, you’ll notice the phone has a brushed metal finish that gives it an industrial look that I personally find appealing. I find that the new color option gives the smartphone an even more premium feel.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge features an IP68 water and dust resistance, a 5.5 inch quad HD super AMOLED Always-On display, an octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM and a 12MP dual pixel camera.
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge key specs:
- 5.5 inch Quad HD super AMOLED; Always On Display
- 64 bit Octa Core Processor (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad)
- 4GB RAM / 32GB storage +microSD up to 200GB
- 12MP Dual Pixel Main Camera with f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS
- 5MP Front Camera with f/1.7 aperture
- Dual SIM (one SIM tray doubles as microSD card slot)
- LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO
- Bluetooth v 4.2 LE, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner
- New Edge Functions: App Edge, People Edge, Task Edge
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 3,600mAh Non-removable battery with Wireless Charging
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7mm, 157g
- Color: Black, Gold
You can also check out the Samsung Galaxy Studio at the SM North EDSA Annex on June 18 -19, 2016 and at the Glorietta 5 Activity Center on June 25 – 26, 2016.