An update for the ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) has been announced. Its not Oreo, but it will bump the UI version to ZenUI 4.0.
ZenUI 4.0 for ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL)
Asus recently announced that the ZenUI 4.0 update is now scheduled for release via OTA. According to the company, it will take about a week to complete the autopush. For those who want to check if its available for their devices, you can manually update by going to Settings> About> System Update. The update version is V14.0200.1712.347.
Also Read: ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) Review
ZenUI 4.0 boasts a cleaner, lighter design. It is the company’s lightest UI skin to date with an increase in overall performance, and less bloatware. It comes with several features that include an AI-powered Gallery for automatic sorting of photos; a wallpaper slideshow that changes the wallpaper every time you unlock your phone; new animate themes; Safeguard, a security tracking app; Twin Apps that allow you to logon into two accounts simultaneously; and more.
The update isn’t Oreo yet, but the company did promise to give Android 8.0 to the ZenFone 4 and ZenFone 3 line. No announcement has been made as to when this might happen.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display (1920 x 1080); 2.5D Contoured Glass
- 64-bit 1.40 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB via 2nd SIM Slot
- 16MP Main PixelMaster Camera w/ f2.0, Laser AF, LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera w/ f2.0, HDR
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- LTE Support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS, AGPS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- ICE power Enhanced Speaker; Dual Mic
- USB OTG
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0
- 4,100 mAh Battery w/ Reverse Charging Feature
- Dimensions: 149 x 76 x 8.05 mm; 150 g
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, Sand Gold
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.